The music department is housed in the Music Center, a brick and masonry structure that was constructed in 1922 as a physical education building. The building continued to be used in its original purpose first by Strong Junior High School and then Grand Rapids Junior College until 1976 when the Ford Field House was completed. The building stood vacant for three years until it was determined structurally sound for conversion into other educational uses. Renovation work began in September 1979, and was completed in August 1980 allowing the Music Department to move into its newly adapted facility.
Interphase Interiors was delighted to provide furniture for their updated faculty offices and break room.
Photos taken by Photos By Kaity